- 8.80/10 1. Premium pick: Asus Chromebook Flip C433
- 8.80/10 2. Editors choice: Anker Nebula Capsule Mini Projector
- 9.40/10 3. Best value: Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse
- 8.40/10 4. Fusion5 FWIN232+
- 9.00/10 5. Sony WH-CH510 Wireless Headphones
- 9.40/10 6. Logitech K380 Multi-Device Bluetooth Keyboard
- 9.00/10 7. MEKO Universal Stylus
Hybrid work has become the new normal. Stay prepared with the best portable gadgets to keep pace with this latest norm.
If you’re a part of a hybrid work environment, you always need to be on the move. In such situations, you should use portable devices and gadgets that you can carry during your daily commute without any hassle.
Here are the best portable gadgets available today.
The ASUS Chromebook Flip C433 is the ideal gadget for a hybrid work environment. The various features of this Chromebook make it the perfect product if you’re looking for the best lightweight computer. You get the Google-powered Chrome OS that’s cloud-ready. You can securely connect to business-critical cloud apps in a flash.
Such great computing power comes from a powerful Intel Core M3 processor and 8GB memory. Its 64GB eMMC internal storage offers a higher read/write speed than the conventional hard disk drives. Therefore, this Chromebook lets you transfer files from a USB and upload that to your cloud app in a flash.
The ASUS Chromebook Flip C433 makes a great companion when working at home or in the office. Due to its high durability, multi-tasking becomes a breeze. Its diamond-cut anodized edges give it a stylish look that is sought after in any cutting-edge gadget. Its NanoEdge display gives you ample room to work on complex projects, spreadsheets, slideshows, and so on.
The fifth-generation Wi-Fi technology keeps website loading latency away from your busy day. Its keyboard and touchpad are also highly comfortable for prolonged business work. Moreover, you can work or enjoy entertainment for up to 10 hours on a single charge.
- Four-sided NanoEdge display
- 360-degree ErgoLift hinge
- Backlit keyboard
- USB-C connectivity
- 10-hours battery life
- Brand: ASUS
- Storage: 64GB
- CPU: Intel Core m3-8100Y
- Memory: 8GB
- Operating System: Chrome OS
- Battery: 10 hours
- Ports: 2x USB-C, USB-A, Headphone/Microphone Combo, MicroSD
- Camera: 720p
- Display (Size, Resolution): 14-inch, 1920x1080
- Weight: 3.31lbs
- GPU: Intel HD Graphics 615
- Excellent performance for cloud-based productivity apps
- Diamond cut edges for elegant look
- Ultra-light device so that you can bring along it anywhere
- The screen brightness may not be suitable for use under direct sunlight
The Anker Nebula Capsule Mini Projector should be your first choice if you’re shopping for a lightweight projector for work and home. It lets you project your presentations on a compatible surface effortlessly. You can project videos and images on big screens of up to 100 inches.
Due to its size, you can carry the Anker Nebula Capsule Mini Projector with you while commuting to remote places. Present your reports or work plan in construction sites and rural areas, and visualize anything with ease as you don’t need to worry about power sources or the internet. You can also use the same device for home entertainment.
For those home parties, when your living room TV doesn’t make any sense, you can make use of this mini projector to stream copyright free content on giant screens. Its powerful battery can keep your guests entertained for up to four hours. Its 360 degrees rounded sound system delivers high-quality audio suitable for work and entertainment. The mini projector runs on Android 7.1 so that you can directly stream video or audio content from apps like TED, YouTube, and Netflix.
- Outstanding clarity and contrast
- 360 degrees high quality speaker
- Soda can-sized pocket projector
- App controllable
- Brand: Nebula
- Native Resolution: 854x480
- ANSI Lumens: 100
- Projection Technology: DLP
- Connectivity: HDMI, USB, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and Screen Mirroring
- Throw Ratio: 100
- HDR: Not Provided
- Audio: 1x 5W
- OS: Android 7.1
- Lamp Life: 30,000 hours
- Noise Level : Not Provided
- Wattage: 5W
- Mounting Type: Tripod Mount, Table Mount
- You can bring along the projector almost anywhere
- Built-in battery power so no running around for junction boards
- No option for screen resizing
The Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse doesn’t let you down, especially when you need to multitask in a hybrid environment. Connectedness is the key to agile work, and this mouse perfectly serves the purpose. It’s a plug-and-play device that you can connect to the USB receiver and any computer to begin. You don't need any driver software.
The device supports most computer OS like Windows 10 or later, Chrome OS, macOS, and Linux kernel 2.6. The wireless mouse runs on two AA-type batteries. One set of new batteries could power the mouse for up to 24 months.
There are dedicated on/off buttons so that you can switch off the mouse when not in use. If you forget to switch it off, it's not an issue. The mouse will automatically go to sleep mode to save the battery. You can also program five onboard buttons to serve specific tasks like opening web browsers, switching apps, or changing the DPI.
- Sculpted shape
- Rubber grips
- Palm support
- Highly precise scrolling
- Logitech Options compatible
- Brand: Logitech
- Connectivity: 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi
- Color: Graphite
- Battery: 2x AA batteries
- Weight: 0.36lbs
- Sensor and DPI: High Precision Optical Tracking, 1000± DPI
- Programmable Buttons: 5
- Battery Life: 2 years
- Made with durable materials so that the mouse can deliver a long service life
- Just plug the USB receiver to any USB slot of your computer and start using the mouse
- There could be an intermittent issue of double-clicks in place of single-clicks
The Fusion5 Plus S1 Ultra Slim Windows Tablet PC offers a decent amount of computing power at a budget price. You should buy this tablet if you travel frequently between office, home, and onsite projects. The Windows 10 S OS enables you to use vital Microsoft-based productivity apps for work.
The tablet boasts high-performance hardware that ensures lag-free computing in a miniature device. For example, the Intel Quad-Core CPU, a powerful 4GB memory, and advanced Wi-FI connectivity ensure the smooth running of apps or browsers. Therefore, you don’t need to worry about latency while running lightweight productivity apps or working on cloud apps online.
It also has a built-in Bluetooth and earphone slot so that you can enjoy music on the go. For office meetings or collaborative work, you’ve got a decent front camera, touchscreen, and onboard speakers. You can also sync the tablet with a stylus for creative or online graphic design work.
- Ultra-slim design
- Micro-HDMI port
- Full-size USB 3.0 port
- Dual Speakers
- Brand: Fusion5
- Storage: 64GB
- CPU: Intel Atom Cherry Trail
- Memory: 4GB
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Battery: 6 hours
- Ports: microSD, micro-HDMI
- Camera (Rear, Front): 5.0MP, 2.0MP
- Display (Size, Resolution): 10.1-inch, 1280 x 800
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
- You can expand the internal storage because of the microSD slot
- Good for productive work in remote places
- Below average RAM memory
- Requires frequent hard reset as it may shut down randomly
The Sony Wireless On-Ear Headphone is a durable headset for fast-paced work environments. You should consider these headphones if you spend a lot of time in virtual meetings as part of remote or hybrid work setups. It doesn’t put any pressure on your ear whether you wear glasses or not.
Its wide driver unit and high-quality cushions offer some passive noise cancellation. Furthermore, its high-quality audio ensures complete privacy even if you’re on a Zoom call in a public place. The speaker cushion blocks any eavesdropping even if you use them at a louder volume. The initial setup with any compatible device is a breeze. Afterward, it works just like a plug-and-play headphone. You can also use the dedicated voice assistant button to interact with Google Assistant or Siri.
You don’t need to worry about any battery replacements as the headphones come with an in-built rechargeable battery. It’s a USB Type-C device, so charging the battery takes less time than those without this feature. Another amazing feature is that you can listen to music or attend voice calls as much as you want for up to 35 hours on a single charge. Hence, for a reliable communication device, this product should be your first choice.
- Bluetooth 5.0 for reliable and seamless audio connectivity
- Up to 35 hours of music and audio calls
- Physical buttons for audio control
- Brand: Sony
- Battery Life: Up to 35 hours
- Material: Synthetic leather and plastic
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0
- Noise Cancellation: No
- Microphones: Yes
- Weight: 0.29lbs
- You can use the headphone to ask Google Assistant and Siri to do stuff
- You can spend hours wearing it without feeling any pain
- Doesn't include active noise canceling technology
The Logitech K380 Bluetooth Keyboard is the ideal portable keyboard for your smartphone, laptop, desktop, tablet, or Chromebook. You get all the features of any fully-functional large keyboard. But, you don’t have to spare a lot of space or manage long cables. It’s an ultra-slim and thin product. Hence, you can easily put it in your laptop bag or backpack to bring along the keyboard wherever you go.
The Logitech K380 Bluetooth Keyboard comes in beautiful color options so that you can pick the one that suits your workstation. This minimalistic wireless keyboard should be your first choice also because of its multi-device connectivity. It doesn’t only connect to up to three computers, but you can do real-time typing on the synced computers.
The keyboard comes with two AAA alkaline batteries. These should last for up to two years with heavy typing. Moreover, all the keys are thoughtfully placed so that you can enjoy laptop-style typing on any device.
- Multi-device connectivity
- Long wireless range up to 10 meters
- Worry-free battery backup
- Brand: Logitech
- Wireless: Yes
- Backlight: No
- Media Controls: Yes
- Battery: 2x AAA
- Num Pad: No
- Switch Type: N/A
- Replaceable Keys: No
- Compatible Devices: Windows, macOS, iPadOS, Chrome OS, Android, iOS, Apple TV
- Compact and portable
- Free batteries included
- Connect to multiple devices
- Doesn't have a numpad
The MEKO Universal Stylus relieves you from the hassle of buying device-specific styluses. Now you can buy just one stylus and work on all compatible devices like capacitive touchscreen whiteboards, desktop monitors, laptops, and macOS devices. You can also use these styluses on Android and iOS devices.
Its clear-disk technology lets you know the accurate position of the stylus tip. It helps to draw designs, shapes, and texts accurately. Moreover, its soft rubber grip and slim metal barrel give you the perfect feeling of the real-life pen for note-taking on touchscreen devices.
Not only is the MEKO Universal Stylus an ideal gadget for hybrid work, but it also makes a great and affordable gift. The product comes with high-quality packaging that looks elegant from the outside. The recipient will also love this gift as they can use the stylus for playing games, writing, drawing, and note-taking.
- Replaceable fiber tip
- Stainless steel and aluminum barrel
- Rubber grip
- Replaceable clear disc
- Brand: Meko
- Compatibility: Most capacitive touchscreens
- Connectivity: N/A
- Compatible with many capacitive touchscreen devices
- Easy to use
- Perfect for portability
- The clear disc may sometimes create unintended drawings along the texts or shapes
Q: What Is a Hybrid Work Model?
The hybrid work model refers to working from both office and home. The idea is, you will join your colleagues in the office for particular days of a week or month after working from home. This working model has gained popularity as it lets you skip the boredom of working only from home or office.
Q: Why Do Employees Want Hybrid Work?
A hybrid work model offers maximum flexibility to the workers. In this model, you can choose where to spend the most productive hours. You may choose to work on-site with your teammate or at home, where you get silence and privacy.
Q: What Are the Different Hybrid Work Models?
Hybrid work models can be of different types depending on organizational requirements. The two most popular models allow you to work most days of a month either from the office or home. One less popular model is where you never have to go to an office, you only work from home or meet colleagues in a co-working space.
We hope you like the items we recommend and discuss! MUO has affiliate and sponsored partnerships, so we receive a share of the revenue from some of your purchases. This won’t affect the price you pay and helps us offer the best product recommendations.About The Author